Best ATV To Pull Icehouse
Best ATV To Pull Icehouse
Life in the ice-cold regions of the earth is very different from living in any other place. The eating supplies, houses, clothes and a lot of things are very unique in these cold regions where ice and snow can be spotted most of the time in a year. Unique activities like ice fishing are very common in these places and are an exciting activity that requires patience and lots of equipment as well. For ice-fishing in a remote location except for the fishing accessories a pullable ice house is also a necessary aspect.
The ice house has various names in different locations and is also known as ice shank, fish coop, ice hut, bob house and the most important one in an ice shanty. This ice house acts as the temporary shelter for ice fishers and is available in various kinds. Some premium ice houses come with modern facilities like heaters, electricity, cooking facility and high-quality material build. The most common versions are smaller and are pulled to the ice lake with the help of an ATV. The ATV also helps in many ways for ice fishing and is the popular partner for ice fishers nowadays.
Ice houses and atv reliability
Some ice houses can be much heavy and pulling to the actual location of ice fishing can be a huge distance from home. The all-terrain vehicles are made for riding in all kinds of terrain and is much reliable to carry out unconventional and off-road tasks. But as the ATV would also have to carry other equipment for ice fishing, the ice-house pulling task can be quite a burden for low-performance ATVs.
Even if the shelter is foldable kind the weight wouldn’t be very less. Some non-portable ice shelters are left in the ice lakes and remain there throughout the season, this kind of shelter do need to be licensed and cannot be just left there. The ATVs of high-performance can also be used in towing these permanent ATVs but needs to have high engine power with modern features and high pulling capacity.
Always check on the state department’s online page of DNR for getting the correct information about the ice house rules and regulations. Not every all-terrain vehicle functions great in low-temperature weather conditions so you need to choose well when it comes to buying ATV for such heavy-duty tasks.
Arctic Cat Alterra TRV 700
This high-power modern ATV is one of the best performing ATVs in cold regions. The Arctic Cat Alterra TRV 700 has a premium build front towing hook and also a two-inch receiver at the rear position. This vehicle comes with an amazing one year warranty that is rare to find in most off-road vehicles nowadays. This lets you ride in the ice being worry-free and offers a smooth riding experience with its great features. The best features of the Alterra TRV 700 are as follows:
- This vehicle from the Arctic Cat company has an impressive towing capacity of 1050 LB that making it a powerful vehicle. The presence of the double A-arm rear and the front suspension offers smooth riding in rough ice formations as well. The adjustable shock absorbers are excellent in maintaining the stability of the vehicle.
- This vehicle has the unique feature of having two passengers on-board whole most other off-road vehicles just have the seat for the driver. The single-cylinder liquid-cooled 700 class engine makes it easy for high-performance in difficult trail conditions. The engine is also designed to provide great fuel efficiency and cost savings.
- This Arctic Cat TRV 700 provides the facility of taking along your friend or partner seated in the same vehicle for ice fishing adventures. Even after having an extra person the vehicle is capable of pulling a moderately sized ice house very efficiently. The dual halogen headlight and tail light is highly reliable in the dark ice lakes and is very distinctive over the white surface of the ice.
- This Alterra 700 has a perfect eleven-inch ground clearance that allows you to travel easily through rough ground formations. The electronic power steering allows easy manoeuvrability and control on slippery ice surfaces even when you are towing a heavy ice house.
- The twenty-five inch heavy-duty tires are lightweight and can power through difficult snow and ice formed grounds. The tires always maintain good traction with the surface and don’t slip from the desired route. The 2WD or 4WD electric actuation makes the Alterra 700 more stable for the all-wheel hydraulic disc combination.
- The front and rear premium speed racks are equipped with the unique Speedlock system of the arctic cat company. This allows you to very easily attach heavy equipment to the moulded 200LB and 100LB racks. The rear rack is definitely made to hold much heavier accessories that might be needed for ice fishing.
- The Arctic Cat company has completed their 60th anniversary and the recent models of the alterra TRV 700 are found having a stylish commemorative batch that makes the vehicle look more authentic and well designed. The multifunctional gauge of digital type also helps a lot in easy trail riding. The electric start present in this alterra TRV 700 is also very efficient in cold weather conditions.
Honda Foreman 450 ATV
This ATV from the reputed company of Honda is made to tackle harsh conditions and function well in extremely low temperatures. Although this ATV model of honda is a little old the amazing features that this ATV holds is undeniably impressive. The most popular version is the Honda Foreman 450 ES which had the electric shift feature. This is an award-winning ATV that has been always praised by riders in the cold regions who had used it for ice fishing or pulling an ice house. The honda foreman 450 has many great which are as follows:
- The vehicle has a powerful single-cylinder engine of the four-stroke type. The longitudinal placement of the air-cooled engine helps in perfect weight distribution and keeps the Honda foreman lightweight. The stroke present in the ATV is about sixty-eight mm and the bore is about ninety mm.
- The vehicle also has excellent front and rear suspension. The front suspension is a double-wishbone type that also has vertical lower and upper arms. This allows for extra travel up to six inches and keeps the wheel aligned even when the ATV loses contact with the surface. The other rear suspension present in this vehicle has a swing arm with a stainless steel finishing allowing the same six inches of travel. This powerful suspension combination makes the vehicle perfect for high-pressure hauling or pulling tasks.
- The TraxLok advanced mechanical system present in this honda foreman vehicle allows quick transition switching by the rider. The 2WD mode allows lighter manoeuvrability and the 4WD provides the utmost traction of the slippery ice surfaces with the tires. The electronic capacitor discharge ignition system lets the vehicle start-up instantly even at very low temperatures.
- When an ATV rides on highly slippery surfaces like ice lakes then the braking system should be always at its prime capacity for risky situations. The front brakes of this vehicle use dual-sealed drum brakes of hydraulic type, allowing good braking in low traction spots. The heavy-duty Dunlop tires 25×12 dimension which comes in the honda foreman are also much reliable and are best if not changed to other tire types.
- All the headlights including the unique handlebar light are equipped with multi-reflector lenses that allow excellent distribution of the light on the trail. The handlebar light is also a high powered forty-five-watt one that allows you always be aware of the surrounding ice surfaces as well. This vehicle provides a ground clearance of eight inches and the torque radius of twelve inches helps a lot to take sharp turns.
The Can-Am outlander 650 ATV
This supreme quality ATV from the Can-Am brand is made for the rough trails with high pressure riding for its industry-leading horsepower and modern features. This ATV is known to be one of the easiest to operate off-road vehicles in ice, snow or mud trails. The superior grip that this Can-Am outlander 650 provides is better than most other ATVs in its price range. The best features of this ATV are as follows:
- The outlander 650 has an astonishing ground clearance of eleven inches that allows you to ride straight through rough ground formations of rock, snow or ice. This extra ground clearance helps a lot when you are pulling an ice house with your ATV ATV as you won’t have to change your route for rough formations. change your route often.
- The advanced Rotax v-twin engines are very powerful and can handle all kinds of stressful trail conditions very well. This is one of the rare engines that puts all of its torque down along with responding throttle. The v-twin is the leading technology in off-road automobile engineering which always has the extra power to spare which might be needed in powering other equipment in the ice house.
- If you have a large size ice-house to be pulled, you can always rely on this Can-Am outlander 650. The towing capacity of this atv is of 1650 LB which means hauling the weight of about 750 kg will not be a problem. The trunk present in this vehicle is of dual-level with spacious front and rear racks. The vehicle also has LinQ technology mounts makes ice house pulling much more hassle-free.
- The Continuously Variable Transmission(CVT) provides a smart allowance of the required power in the engine at all times. The modern Can-Am outlander 650 also has a recalibrated engine braking system that lets your vehicle stop instantly even on low friction surfaces.
- This ATV has a rear suspension of the torsional trail arm kind which is independent in the action of parallel motion. This suspension provides advanced stability to the vehicle on all kinds of surfaces and difficult obstacle crossings. The Can-Am Winch is a special type winch having fairleads of roller type that makes tasks like hunting, mudding and ice trailing much easier and smooth.
- The optimized vented panels allow utmost engine airflow and ventilation. The 4.5-inch display panel is readable in all conditions and well lighted. The display provides information about the vehicle in all conditions and the control is easily set for user suitability. The viper red colour is the most popular one and the price is quite appropriate based on the vehicle’s performance.
Yamaha Grizzly EPS ATV
This highly durable Yamaha Grizzly EPS ATV has a superior kind performance in all types of difficult weather conditions. This premium quality ATV is slightly high priced but the features and capability are far better than many other modern ATVs in the market. The Yamaha grizzly also has a very stylish design and the neon yellow kind of colour combination is excellent. The other best features of this Yamaha Grizzly EPS are as follows:
- The electric power steering in the ATV makes vehicle control much easier and reduces fatigue on long-distance trails. The power steering is also speed-sensitive and advanced in technology. The four-wheel hydraulic type disc brakes are highly efficient in all types of surfaces and have the required power always to instantly brake.
- The highly fitted drive system for air intake always keep the temperature of the engine system in check and thus in high-pressure situations can immediately function well. This same air intake always helps in protecting the drive system from natural debris, mud, water, and other trail materials.
- This Yamaha Grizzly EPS has an impressive ground clearance of more than eleven inches that allows you to take risks in uneven and risky grounds. The composite skid plates allow great protection to the maximum underbelly portions. The yamaha grizzly has high-performance tires which are uniquely designed and called Maxxis tires. They provide excellent traction even when pulling heavy object like the ice house.
- The yamaha grizzly EPS has an advanced Ultramatic transmission that has a dual-range reverse gear and an efficient CVT drive system. The gated shifter with a centrifugal clutch of an automatic system allows belt tension which is always maintained. The sprag clutch is the superior kind that allows constant all-wheel braking. The high-potential 686cc engine of this ATV has proper power delivery, smooth turnings and engine features that are ideal for off-road riding.
- The Yamaha grizzly has an amazing On-command 4WD system with three different positions among which are 2WD, differential 4WD of the totally locked system and a limited 4WD slip. The mode can be easily switched between by the use of buttons. There also remains a power escalating button that makes the vehicle reach the utmost rpm when shifted in the full differential lock mode.
- The Yamaha grizzly has a high-quality stainless steel exhaust system which is one of the reasons for the longevity of the exhaust system. The vehicle also has a unique spark arrestor of screen-type that allows excessive power in the vehicle and keeps the engine noise to a minimum. The vehicle has an independent double-wishbone rear and front suspension that allows extra comfort to the rider even in the most difficult trails.
- For long duration and extended days on the ATV, this Yamaha grizzly EPS is highly suitable for its extra leg space and a plush seat for extra comfort. The vehicle also has a high-capacity radiator that allows extra airflow for utmost cooling which is required during slow riding that put a lot of thermal demand on the engine.
Suzuki king quad 750 ATV
The Suzuki king quad is a premium type of ATV that is easy to ride on any kind of terrain even if the ATV needs to carry a huge load on the ice surfaces. This is an ATV made with the quality of a sports utility vehicle with a bold design. This modern ATV has been highly praised by every owner in cold weather conditions for its unique capabilities. The other best features of the Suzuki king quad are as follows:
- The vehicle has a high powered 722 cc engine with a single-cylinder placement that has the liquid cooling features in the engine of four-stroke type. This vehicle provides a sturdy torque of varying power based on the requirement. The strong pressure of cooling oil to the system of piston oil jet let the suzuki atv be durable in all conditions.
- This Suzuki king quad qualifies all the compliance rules of the US emissions including the strict rules of the California models to abide by the state’s complicated evaporative standard of emissions. This eligibility also makes the Suzuki king quad easily pass the green sticker registration. The vehicle also has an aluminium radiator of a superior kind along with a cooling fan that is controlled by a thermostat.
- This ATV also has excellent fuel efficiency and throttle response due to the advanced mechanism of Suzuki fuel injection. This system also provides consistent power totally across every rev-range. In cold weather conditions where ice fishing is popular the ATVs often face starting up problems but this Suzuki quad doesn’t have any problems with starting up in cold conditions.
- The cylinder also has a charging efficiency of great kind which has four valves and the cylinder head valves are of thirty-six mm. The engine of this ATV also has dual balancer shafts that makes rough trail riding much smoother. The aluminium cylinder is very light in weight and uses the Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material that is coating allowing easy transferring of heat and sealing of the ring, this is why the efficiency of this combustion chamber is great.
The ice house is a very common equipment or shelter which is used in ice fishing in the very cold regions of the world. The best ATVs which can be used for pulling the ice houses in the slippery ice are all mentioned here. Not every ATV will function well in cold weather conditions so you need to choose your ride carefully so that you can use it for all heavy-duty tasks on the ice. The ATVs of high power and unique features will be needed so that you can pull the ice house without any problems in the difficult trails.