What are the best ATV Passenger Seat ?
ATV’s can become a great companion for us, especially during times of distress. There is nothing more healing than taking out your ATV for a nice long ride, maybe out in the woods or up a new trail. The feeling of leaving behind all the tension and stress can be extremely satisfying, and you will always find yourself coming back more rejuvenated and refreshed.
If you long for a companion to accompany you during these unique rides, then the ATV passenger seat is one of the most popular customizable options available out there. The apparent advantage aside, it is a beneficial addition for providing extra padding for more comfort and an opportunity to load your ATV with more to carry.
We have compiled a list of the best ATV passenger seats available in the market today. If you have been thinking about buying one before and have not got yourself to do it, we hope that this comprehensive list will point you in the right direction.
Acquaint yourself properly with the model features, specifications, the pros and cons of each make to know what would be most suitable for your requirements.
Kolpin ATV Rear Helmet Box
Even though this is referred to as a helmet box, it is not just used to store helmets. It comes with an impressive dimension of 36.75″ X27.88″ width and 17″ Height along with 3.5- cubic feet of weather-proof storage that makes it quite suitable for more than one helmet. This helmet box has been designed so that it can allow for the storage of a lot more gear once the helmets are put. If you are worried about this storage box’s wear and tear, then know that it has been designed for rigorous activities.
A little more about the Koplin ATV Rear Helmet Box
The product is made up of heavy-duty materials. Its main feature is its UV-sensitized construction and its low-density polyethylene construction that makes it the perfect fit for diverse weather conditions.
When it comes to accessing the storage space, it is a lot more comfortable than average, as it allows you to open the seat in the rear and the arm cavities on either side make for decent storage after that. The design of the box allows for it to double up as a passenger seat for your companion.
What makes Koplin ATV Rear Helmet Box unique:
For this one, we would single out the UV-sensitized construction, making it safe for rough climatic conditions.
- The passenger seat/storage box assures durability, versatility, and is reliable
- The capacity that it has for weather-resistance storage is impressive with a dimension of 3.5-cubic feet.
- It allows for the storage of other gears apart from just helmets, which serve as the primary purposes of a storage box/passenger seat.
- We would not recommend the passenger seat for children, as even though a seat belt has been provided, it would not be the safest option.
- Unfortunately, the color options are limited and come in only black, so if you are in relatively warmer climates, you are sure to have trouble with extra heat retention.
Black Boar Passenger Seat and Lounger
Black Boar is an internally acclaimed name when it comes to ATV material. If you haven’t heard of Black Boar, we suggest that you go to their website right this minute and have a look at their products. They have kept themselves premium, even in their foray into the ATV accessories and add-ons segment. Their USP is essentially their style. Let us look at some of the key features of this product.
Why to buy Black Boar Passenger Seat and Lounger ?
One thing that we need to understand is that polyethylene is a standard material when it comes to ATV’s. This is because it is a highly durable product and assures the kind of elasticity that very few materials can offer. This rear passenger seat surpasses its competitors and especially the previous one, by offering impressive 7-cubic feet as additional storage- but that’s not all. The additional storage comes to dust and water-resistant.
In addition to this, they have gone a step further and added mounting hardware as a part of their offering, which makes the installation process a lot less tedious. Having stainless steel as a part of a material offers is uncommon, and they have taken us by surprise by providing stainless steel locks with keys that are rust-resistant. It seems a lot to believe, are we right? But it is true. Tried and tested, which proves that they are in this for the long haul.
The padding and the comfort that one would expect from the passenger seat don’t disappoint, and if you are looking for a complete package for your ATV, we would definitely recommend this model.
What makes Black Boar Passenger Seat and Lounger special
The name Black Boar in itself is a stamp of approval and security. However, what makes this product special is the thoughtful design, great compatibility, the efficient use of the material, and more than comfortable space.
- 7-cubic feet by comparison is great storage space and can be very handy when it comes to handling luggage.
- This has been designed keeping both, storage space and a passenger seat, in mind. So, where certain brands can fall short when it comes to comfort for a passenger, this brand doesn’t fail to provide.
- Stainless steel, being a very resilient material, brings with it, ultimate security with its adjustable latches.
- All the essential hardware required for the passenger seat is provided.
- There can be more padding to the arms, the plastic construction can sometimes be uncomfortable.
- Plastic does have a thin-lined construction, which sometimes, could not be completely fool-proof in a crash.
Quad Boss Weekender Truck/ATV Passenger Seat
This is most certainly one of our top picks when it comes to Passenger Seats. This is an extremely well-designed sports accessory that can be used as a storage truck, of course, but also comes with a great design, considering its size.
A little more about the Quad Boss Weekender Truck
The passenger seat comes with a dimension of 42 “X12″ X28”, and at the tail end, you have a parking light that has been designed for better peripheral vision. Combine that with a lockable trunk compartment, not one but two, and you have storage space for all your equipment.
We can safely say that Honda did consider that it could be used as a passenger seat as much as a storage space and for that, has extra fit padding for comfort.
What makes Quad Boss Weekender Truck Passenger Seat special
The seat bottom has a nylon strap that allows screws into the box, so you don’t have to worry about it slipping. In addition to this, the trunk storage is what gives it the extra edge.
- The installation process is easier as it comes with sufficient hardware.
- The accessory serves as both storage space as well as a passenger seat.
- Additional storage along with a gas container has made it premium.
- Customization of the rear seat is possible to cater to your needs.
- The parking light is within the top rear and there is a separate space for the license plate. Now, this makes for thoughtful design.
- It is slightly on the expensive side, so will be a dent in the pocket. However, for those who are willing to pay, this is going to be value for money, rest assured.
- The seat can be a little smaller for bigger built or taller people.
- This storage box doesn’t come with a locker to protect your belongings.
- It doesn’t have a seat-belt, which could be potentially dangerous for passengers. However, to counter that danger, they do come with an armrest that has two holders to ensure stability during rough movement.
ATV TEK ASPBBLK Arch Series
This series, powered by ATV Tek, comes in a hybrid model that is built almost entirely out of steel, making it one of the most durable products out there. The company has shown tremendous ingenuity in its design of the seat cover, as it is made up of tarpaulin. This design enables the bottom part, waterproof and mold resistant.
This also adds extra padding, making it extremely comfortable for a short ride outside. ATV Tek has held their own when it comes to hybrid models, and if you find yourself inclined to experiment, they are a brand to trust.
A little more about the product
The most important feature of this product is its hybrid backpack that is disposable for your need. The frame that is made up of tubular steel makes it one of the most resilient models out there. The addition of a Tarpaulin as the seat cover has made weathering stormy conditions look easy. If you didn’t want anything more, the padded armrests only add to the comfort.
It comes with more-than-decent storage space with a capacity of 4000 inches.
What makes it special
Needless to say, the hybrid design is what makes it special. If you are looking for relevant and hip designs, then this has to be your choice. If you are looking for a large sitting area along with a removable backpack, then this passenger seat is the right fit for you. That’s what makes it special for us.
- The tubular steel frame has made it resilient and strong, providing a consistently durable design.
- You can use the backpack to carry things, that you might have been hesitant to otherwise.
- The hybrid design will only add to the aesthetic appeal of your ATV and will be the object of envy amongst your ATV circle.
- The passenger seat is mold resistant and dust resistant.
- The steel frame, which is an advantage for some, can be a disadvantage, for the other. The frame might hurt a passenger riding in the back.
- Because of its focus on the hybrid design, there has been less emphasis on the safety concern, which means no armrest and handlebar for the passenger.
Coleman ATV Rear Bottom Bag
What makes a product distinct from the other? When the market of passenger seats is spilling with options, how does one make a choice? Well, in all honesty, we share the same struggle as you do. However, you do come across a brand once in a while that pays that extra attention to detail, which in the long run, can make all the difference.
A little more about the Coleman ATV Rear Bottom Bag
This rear passenger seat comes with a minimal look with a large storage capacity. Couple that with the extra padding area, and you have a very comfortable rear seat. What sets this apart is that there is no drilling required in its installation, something which can be quite tiresome with the other models. The passenger seat is divided into three compartments that can take up the role of storage, a passenger seat, and a carrier for any items that you are carrying.
Now, imagine a design that has been created in such a way that it comes across as easily accessible, no matter what you are using it for. If it’s a passenger seat, it has two padded armrests with a water bottle holder on either side. If the passenger seat is not what you are using it for, imagine converting this into a storage space without any additional effort in drilling or installation—simplicity at its best.
Why to buy Coleman ATV Rear Bottom Bag
If you are looking for a mix of simplicity and good minimal design, we would recommend this as your choice. If you are someone who likes taking out your bike on dirt roads, the padded back and the armrest are extremely valuable additions.
- Easy to install and easy to dismantle
- Water bottle pockets at the front of the arm-rest.
- Separate compartments for separate uses.
- The deliberate large size caters to all frames and body sizes.
- Durability has come up as a question, in some of the consumers’ experiences.
- The fabric, although minimal and attractive, may wear down faster than others with heavy use.
Kwik Tek ATV Seat
If you find yourself drawn to soft-walled rear seats, then this is a good option to consider. The ATV seat by Kwik Tek comes in color options as well, one of the few brands doing so.
A little more about Kwik tek atv deluxe padded seat rack bag
Since we haven’t discussed color much, let’s get done with that first. It comes in two primary colors- Mossy Oak and Black Camouflage. This is adaptable to the size of your ATV’s rack, and the bottom of the rear seat is foam-walled as well.
The biggest benefit of soft-walled rear seats is that they provide you with huge storage capacity, and their flexibility is their biggest asset. The soft-walls, by the nature of their design, comes with separate compartments, and each compartment has enough room. These compartments also come with their zippers and flaps, and there is, of course, plenty of room available to sit comfortably.
Installation is a concern for most ATV owners, and you will not be disappointed here. The installation can be done fairly quickly as it comes with six durable straps that can get easily fixed on your ATV. Kwik Tek has used 600D polyester-based material for the construction, and this makes it water-resistant as well.
What makes Kwik tek atv deluxe padded seat rack bag special?
The 600-D polyester material is what makes this brand stand out from its competitors. ATV construction material is a very important thing to consider while purchasing an ATV seat. The 600-D polyester material makes this water-resistant and adds to the overall storage space.
- The rear seat is easy to install.
- Available in color combinations, giving more opportunity for creative decals.
- The 6 durable straps add to the ease of the installation.
- There is plenty of seating space for passengers, making it very comfortable for long distances.
- Even the soft walls come with their own set of advantages, if you are looking for harder surfaces, this is not the right choice for you.
- The rear seat, owing to its material and soft walls might wear out and have to be replaced, faster.
Know what you are getting into before buying an ATV rear seat
Storage capacity for ATV Rear Seat
We cannot stress enough how important storage capacity is. That is the primary purpose of purchasing an ATV seat. There is a difference between hard walls and soft walls, and you must know what works best for your ATV’s needs. The hard walls provide more sturdiness and have metal frames that give it a definite shape. This makes it ideal for carrying storage items and accessories. The soft walls allow for more flexibility, and because of that, there is more space. You can also store a lot of cloth piles with soft-walls.
Whatever your decision may be, it is important to understand what will work best for transportation, for shifting the gear types from one place to another. Invest in the kind of rear seat that meets your immediate storage demands.
Compartment Holding for ATV Seats
How many compartments do you need? You must opt for the number of compartments depending on what you are going to be using your seat for. If you are the type of person who likes spending a lot of time outdoors with family and friends, then invest in a brand that comes with more compartments.
On the other hand, if you consider yourself a lone rider and find yourself exploring the wilderness alone, then choose a brand with a less compartment offering.
ATV Seats Type of Material
Do thorough research on the type of materials. Make a decision based on durability and not just on what you are drawn to at the moment. In the long run, long-lasting materials are going to hold you in good stead. Apart from the wear and tear that you will have to invest in, with low-quality materials, they will not bear the weight of most items that you place inside them.
If you plan on riding on uneven terrains or harsh terrains, then the quality of the material is going to matter. Low-quality material is not going to withstand the shock of these terrains, and your items are not going to be safe.
Water-proof and Water-Resistant Design
This has pretty much become a basic design requirement now. You don’t want to be worrying about weather conditions and the damage that it can cause your items. With durability comes a good water-proof design. You don’t want to be out, weathering a stormy evening, worried about whether your items are dry or soaked in rainwater. Even if it is a little bit more on the pocket, we would recommend investing in this.
Frequently Asked Questions on ATV back seats.
We have prepared some FAQ’s that could answer some of the queries that you might have:
1.Which is the best ATV rear bag available in the market?
Like we have tried pointing out, different brands are serving different purposes. It completely depends on the way that you use your ATV. Make a well-informed choice by looking at the list above.
2. Is an ATV rear seat necessary?
Even though ATV’s can give you immense joy, they do lack storage space. Wanting to make a long trip out somewhere or taking a companion along is going to require that extra space. Even if it means taking a trip out somewhere by yourself, you are going to want to fit everything on your ATV, without compromising on what you have to carry. For these reasons, we recommend that it is a valuable investment.
3. Is it worth investing in an ATV Bag instead of a seat?
Here, we would say that it all depends on your need. If you require an additional seat, then we would suggest going for the ATV storage box with the option of a rear seat. However, if all you need is a storage box, then go for the bag that comes with the foldable option.
4. How safe is it for my child?
A second seat is a viable option by all accounts, but it is not entirely legal. if you are concerned about your child, then you should invest in seat belts and additional helmets.
We hope that we have made the decision-making process a little easier for you. The use of an ATV seat has been around for many years and has served well for millions of ATV owners across the globe. Having extra storage space and an additional seat for a travel buddy is always a good choice to make. We hope that you can make your choice with greater ease by looking at this list. Keep riding!