Best ATV Rear Seat Reviewed
Whether you use your ATV for camping, hunting, or any other recreational purpose, you need the best ATV rear seat for carrying an additional passenger.
In addition, modern ATV rear seats come equipped with large rear storage compartment for hauling all the important gear you will need during your outdoor activities.
1. Black Boar ATV Rear Lounger
This lounger comes with all the necessary hardware. But there are a few tools that you will require to complete the installation.
You will need a drill, a 5/16-inch drill bit, a 7/16-inch wrench, and a marking utensil. With this seat, it will not be a problem for you to figure out the mounting locations.
It does not only provide you with a cushioned seat, but also extra storage on your ATV. In total, the entire unit offers you a storage space of over seven cubic feet.
It has a hand rest and a hand grip on both sides, which is great because it provides you with a place to rest your hands and hold on as the ATV vehicle is on the move.
It comes with really thick bungee cords, which help to hold the lid of the storage compartment down. You just have to open the bungee cords to open the lid.
The storage compartment is pretty spacious and it folds all the way forward. You have a little cabinet at the middle and a wide lower cubby.
Will it work with an old 2000 Kawasaki Prarie 300? Only if your ATV takes a two-inch receiver or if you buy two-inch adapter bolts.
Black Boar ATV Rear Lounger
- Has very comfy padded back seat and backrest
- Spacious storage cubby for all your important accessories
- It’s compatible with a wide variety of tubular racks
- Has rust resistant stainless steel lock and keys
- Integrated with hand rest and grips for added comfort
- Possible to receive a model with broken plastic
- Some packages may miss installation hardware and instruction
2. Wes Products Industries Classic Econo ATV Seat
Most companies in the industry make cargo racks. But if you are looking at the Wes Industries, you are looking at the top-of-the-line premium quality cargo rock and ATV rear seat.
The brand provides all the details you will need to make sure that the cargo rack ergonomically fits on your ATV.
So, the passengers arm will sit nicely in position for added comfort. It has uniquely made heated handle grips that you can hold on during a ride.
You will really appreciate the cargo seat lounger with heated seat cushion, which helps keep your passenger warm during a ride in cold weather conditions.
It has a fold up storage cubicle that is large enough for storing a cooler for your meals, a gas can, and two helmets.
Is this model compatible with a Can-Am outlander? The cargo box and rear seat combination fit universally on the rear rack.
Does it come with installation hardware? Yes, you get wing nuts and u bolts. Will it fit a Polaris 500 Sportsman? It should fit perfectly.
Wes Products Industries Classic Econo ATV Seat
- A very rugged, but ultra-lightweight design
- Heated seat cushion and hand grips improves comfort in cold weather
- You get U-bolts for permanent mounting of the cargo box seat
- Easily stores two helmets and a 1.25-gallon gas tank
- Has rear and side reflectors for additional safety on the track
- Black rear seat box can easily retain heat in hot conditions
- Not roomy enough for a slightly larger gas can
3. Kolpin ATV Rear Helmet Box and Seat
There are a lot of loungers out there you can choose from, but not as nice as the Kolpin ATV Rear Helmet Box and Seat. The most versatile one we have come across.
What makes it one of the best ATV rear seat is the very comfortable backrest and seat cushion. You will feel as if you are sitting on a luxurious car seat.
But unlike other loungers, this particular model comes with a large storage compartment on the back. It is truly spacious for the outdoor enthusiasts.
This unit comes with two lockable latches for securing your cargo. The lid of the storage box was designed with the lip around the edge that helps to keep water and debris out of the box.
Inside the storage unit there is nearly 3-1/2 cubic feet of storage. With the extra-large opening, you can easily fit two regular size helmets.
On a weekend camping trip, you can bring along your sleeping bag, tent, and any other accessories that you may need.
Is this a good fit for a Suzuki KingQuad 300? It is a good fit as long as the Quad has a rear rack, but the ATV should not be a two-up design.
Can I find a seatbelt attachment for the seat? No, there isn’t any seatbelt attachment sold separately, but the unit is fitted with armrests and grips for holding on.
Kolpin ATV Rear Helmet Box and Seat
- Rugged polyethylene construction can withstand harsh conditions
- Very comfortable and durable seat and backrest
- Plenty of storage space on the back for stowing two helmets
- Mounts to a variety of tubular rear racks with just sealing washers and U-bolts
- Uniquely contoured lid edges ensure no water or debris gets into storage unit
- Armrest padding is not comfortable and durable as claimed
- No seatbelt attachment available for added security when riding with a child
4. Kimplex Black Nomad Rear Trunk and Seat
The Kimplex Black Nomad Rear Trunk does not only accept a passenger, but it is truly all-encompassing and answers all your needs when out camping or hunting.
How much storage do you need? Kimplex has integrated a considerably large loading capacity of about one hundred and fifteen liters.
The Nomad can actually hold two full-size off-road helmets. So, if you stop at an event or go wandering into the forest, your helmets will be safe in storage.
Joining the two sides of the box is a pass-through storage area that accommodates longer items, such as a collapsible fishing rod and net.
Kimplex intentionally designed this unit to integrate a gasket that is air and water tight. The locking claps also double as locks for your box.
We really appreciate the ergonomics and comfort of the cushioned seat and backrest, which offer superior comfort during a bumpy ride.
With a rear gas can holder integrated into the box and a passenger side flip-top glove box for your needful things, there are endless possibilities of functionality.
Can this fit my 2018 Polaris Highlifter? It should fit perfectly as long as there is a rear rack on the back.
Kimplex Black Nomad Rear Trunk and Seat
- Ergonomically designed seat and backrest for superior comfort
- Considerably large loading capacity for stowing lots of items
- Gas tank bracket allows you to bring enough gas for the outing
- Universal fit is compatible with most ATV rear racks
- Integrated gasket ensures the storage unit is watertight and airtight
- Quality of the seat cushion may deteriorate faster than usual
- Possible to receive a unit with broken straps
5. ATV Tek Kings Mountain Shadow Camo Bag and Rear Seat
If what you have been looking for is the best ATV rear seat with a mountain shadow Camo bag that will match your hunting grounds, then look no further than the ATV Tek ACBMOB.
This is not your ordinary ATV accessory because it is made from a superior grade tarpaulin fabric, which is waterproof, mold and fade resistant.
There is a removable cushioned seat and a backrest. Both the seat and the backrest are ergonomically designed for added comfort.
You get four thousand cubic inches of storage space with this bag. However, if you run out of storage space, you have bungee cords on top of each compartment for securing additional gear.
If you need a place to put your drinks, each side is fitted with one cup holder. Also, the cup holders are equipped with strapping for holding bottles into place.
You will admire the Tek seal system, which is made up of a one-inch element and dust seal that presses against the arched frame to provide a gap-free tight seal.
Can I fit a hunting bow or a rifle in the back storage? The storage unit is surely big enough for accommodating two compound bows and other archery accessories.
Is this a good fit for a CFMoto ATV? It should not present any fitting problems because it was a good fit for our CFMoto.
ATV Tek Kings Mountain Shadow Camo Bag and Rear Seat
- High grade tarpaulin fabric will last a long time
- Seat and backrest are comfortable and removable
- Large storage space for all your outdoor or hunting accessories
- Bungee cords on top of the bag increase storage capacity
- Easy to carry drinks around with two bottle holders
- Snaps are poorly designed, may break during use
- Could be safer with a seatbelt attachment
6. Black Widow ATV Rear Lounger Storage Box
Add versatility and comfort to your ATV when you mount the Black Widow ATV Rear Lounger Storage Box.
It has a cushioned seat and a very comfy backrest, which is a good combination because your passenger will have a comfortable ride.
The storage box is made from high-density, high-grade polyethylene. This is a durable and long-lasting material that will withstand harsh weather conditions.
The thirty-nine-inch long storage compartment has three sections. Two large ones on the sides and the small middle section.
The lockable lid is uniquely contoured at the edges, which is great because this feature ensures no water, dust, or debris gets into the cargo.
To keep your stuff safe and secure, the unit is equipped with two keys for locking the storage unit and built-in elastic straps for additional fastening of the lid.
You also get U-bolts for mounting the entire unit onto the rear rack of your ATV. But some ATVs may require drilling of holes for permanent mounting.
Does it fit a 2004 Honda Rancher 400 AT? It is big enough to fit a Suzuki ATV; so, it should fit perfectly on your Honda.
Will it fit on a 2016 Honda 500 ATV? The lounger has a universal fit; so, it is supposed to fit on this Honda model.
Black Widow ATV Rear Lounger Storage Box
- Cushioned seat and backrest for comfortable rides
- Three storage units for hauling hunting or camping gear
- Lockable lid ensures no debris or water gets into the box
- Features a lock and key for maximum security
- All-weather durable plastic design
- You may have to drill holes for permanent mounting
- Could be better and safer with a seatbelt attachment
Our overall best ATV rear seat and storage compartment is the Black Boar ATV Rear Lounger. This model has the most comfortable cushioned seat and backrest.
It ticks all the boxes as far as material, design, ease of mounting, comfortability, versatility, and durability are concerned.
Overall, you have to be very selective when shopping for an ATV rear seat lounger. Some models may come with large storage cubicles, but poor seat quality.