It is always good to contemplate life determinants while buying new or used ATVs. You are never going to put the money on ATV, musing about how long the ATV will last.
How many miles will a UTV last
Generally speaking , ATVs and UTVs lasts until you hit the 10,000-mile mark. Beyond 10,000 miles, UTVs and AYV life gets weakened and will require more maintenance.
The average life span of ATV
The average lifespan of ATVs could be for around 20 years if quads are well maintained. Any ATV with the running span of over 1000 hours are still running like new since they have maintained these bikes regularly. Occasionally, most automobiles start giving problems once you hit the 10,000-mile mark. Of course with little tips, this life can be increased out of this beautiful vehicle.
Since there are various manufacturers for ATVs with separate service agreements, you should always think of finding a cost-effective way to fix your quad.
The ATV value in olden days was determined by the factors of how many miles the ATVs have run. But now everyone looks at how the automobile is maintained.
Similar to other vehicle maintenance, If you are more cautious with your ATVs service and spares and are taking regular care, then, of course, the machine will run for a more extended period.
For newly purchased ATVs, it is always challenging to predict the number of years the ATV will last. It also will depend majorly on the driving conditions and how ATVs have ridden. If ATVs are ridden frequently in Off roads, then there are sure chances that the life span of ATV is not that long. On the contrary, if the ride is in everyday ways, you can expect the life expectancy of the quad increased drastically.
More importantly, it also will depend on how it is maintained.
ATVs well maintained over the last ten years without any significant mechanical problems can further go down and last for another ten years, which can make the right choice while buying second-hand ATVs.
Can the ATVs run for more than ten years?
Few ATVs which were manufactured by corporations like Suzuki, Honda in the 1980s are still working in excellent conditions. They have regularly oiled, greased, and well maintained.
The engines built by Suzuki and Honda were undoubtedly reliable and promised to make to the last, as long as they were maintained. Today few quads like Suzuki 450 or King quads 300 still are forerunners when it comes to the sheer power and thrill that they provide while riding these ATVs.
Other good brands that have shown the strength to run for long are Yamaha Grizzly 700, Yamaha Rhino, or Honda Rincon.
In today’s time, any ATV, if ridden hard and not maintained, will quickly die off soon.
There has been the growth of numerous Chinese manufacturers as well in the ATV sector, where the ATV comes at a very lower price than its counterparts. These ATV manufacturers cannot always be trusted as they might have built these machines with cheaper parts, and in the future, it becomes difficult to source the spares. An average lifespan for these ATVs are not more than 6-7 years. Hence as mentioned above, if at all, ATVs are not going to last longer if they are not maintained.
Tips for ATV Maintenance
Its always good to get these quads serviced professionally every quarter. You should also try to do essential maintenance of the ATV regularly by yourself.
- The significant damage that happens to ATVs are due to the dust and dirt which gets into the engine. Hence these quads need to be adequately cleaned regularly.
- In addition to this, air filter and oil filter of ATV need to change at regular intervals.
- Before the vehicle rode in specks of dirt or mud areas, you need to apply grease so that the muds cannot stick to the quads.
- Cleaning of chains, brakes need to happen to your quads since Mud always sticks to strings, brakes.
- Another vital tip to smoothly run your quads changing the oils regularly.
- It would help if you greased zerks on the suspension to provide enough lubrication to the bushings. If this mushing are not lubricated, there are always chances of them getting torn off.
- You should evermore dry your bike ere igniting the engine.
- To avoid the damage in the seals, jet-wash should be avoided.
- Major maintenance for electricals is to check the corrosion on electric terminals regularly. You need to look for wear and tear of wires as well.
- Parking your ATV under hood, shade, or garage is also a great tip to maintain the durability. If at all these quads cannot find their space, they need to be atleast covered with ATV covers. A great ATV cover can be Badass Moto Ultimate ATV Cover found here on Amazon. A heavy waterproof cover will have vents, zippers.
By merely adhering to the above rules, you can always increase the life span of your ATVs. Moreover, these ATVs, if maintained properly, can quickly be further sold in the second-hand market at an excellent price.